Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Introducing...Kellan Lutz!



Enter into this crazy world, Greek god actor Kellan Lutz.

Dickinson North Dakota Native born as Kellan Christopher Lutz.

The lovable Six foot - one inch actor, is fondly known for his debut of Emmett Cullen in the Twilight Saga Franchise. I like to refer to him from different parts, a Skater in Accepted, Andy in a few episode's where he's incognito Claire Bennett's fiance, or Stick it's Haley Graham (Missy Peregrym's) rather ridiculous friend Frank. That one is the most memorable. Though those memories will stay, the memories of the lovable vampire will always remain.

That's what Stephenie Meyer must mean..."Hugging Kellan Lutz is the closest you can get to hugging a vampire; he is made of granite."

Let's See what this hunk - a - hunk - a burnin' love is all about!!

Born March fifteenth of 1985 in Dickinson ND, with a population of 16, 010, Kellan is the middle child of a family of seven: six brothers and one sister. Since his home city is also known as “the gateway to Roosevelt National Park”, it of course is no surprise that Kellan learned a love of the outdoors early on. Kellan hunted, hiked, camped, and learned to ski as a kid. This love of the outdoors grew over time into a sense of adventure that took him whitewater rafting, skydiving, parasailing, snowboarding and motor cross racing.

Six years after birth, his parents divorced, and with his mom and brother, they moved to different cities in the midwest. He couldn't remember much about those years. When Kellan was 14, his family moved to Arizona, where his mother later got remarried, and with the new family, came two older step - brothers. One memory he really remembered. Kellan did not get much attention back then so he made up his own and got involved in all types of sports as well as the drama society in high school. After enrolling in college, he later decided that he wanted to do something different in life as he was sick of what everyone else wanted him to do. "I always had dreams of getting a degree, partying in college and doing the whole 4-year thing but when I went to Los Angeles, I realized that I love acting and made up my mind on it," recalled Kellan. "I can always do school later, but I will always get older and might as well do what I enjoy in life, whatever it may be," he said. His family was really supportive of it all, and glad to see him on TV, or the big screen. SO ARE WE! DUH! As far as school, well it affected that greatly since I quit going to school to take the biggest risk of my life and pursue acting. I worked my butt off in high school and received a lot of scholarships for college and to throw all that away for acting was tough for my family, but it was just something I felt my heart pulling me towards and don't regret a single minute of it. I love to act!

And we're so grateful he did that! Kellan stayed in Arizona until he finshed high school before his spirit of adventure took him a way from the all - to traditional path of college, and it led him to acting and modeling. He really committed himself to this future life, by taking acting and voice lessons, and learned different aspects of the craft. He initially found success as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch. He was on the cover of their 2004 summer catalogue.

His first foray into acting was a guest spot on the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. Kellan also appeared in single episodes of CSI: New York and Six Feet Under, Heroes before landing a recurring guest spot on the ABC Family series Summerland. His momentum carried him into the cast of HBO’s: The Comeback working opposite Lisa Kudrow. The exposure meant only good things for Kellan as it propelled him into the studio system.

While Kellan had worked on some independent films previously, his first ‘commercial’ role was in Stick It. A role in the college comedy Accepted quickly followed. He played both parts with a certain sense of boyish charm. But Kellan turned a corner, ditching the easy smile in favor of smoldering looks for the Hilary Duff video “With Love”.

He moved to LA in 2003 to be near his father, the beach and the acting industry; keeping himself busy with acting, modeling and learning about Real Estate. He's also been in a Elizabeth Arden fragrance commercial as well as completed an action and adventure movie entitled Deep Winter, about best friends who set out to be the first to ski a dangerous Alaskan peak.

Kellan shot a feature role in the horror re-make of Prom Night, which shows in theaters in early 2008. Kellan also recently finished Deep Winter, a film where he got to show off his skiing and snowboarding skills. Later this year Kellan will also appear in the HBO mini-series Generation Kill. And as we all know, he will appear as Emmett in the much anticipated adaptation of Twilight.

- He's won the Arizona Youth Billiard Championship
- Kellan speaks fluent Spanish and can speak a little Latin.
- He has traveled to the Dominican Republic for a semester during high school.
- He was originally asked to read the role of Edward in "Twilight", but was busy filming "Generation Kill" in Africa.
- After being in Africa filming "Generation Kill," his favorite place is South Africa.
- He is good real life friends with Twilight co-stars Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Taylor Lautner, and Robert Pattinson.
- (about the 'Twilight' cast) This cast rocks! We get along so well together it's like a real family which is great to see.

Where Are They Now:
(2010) - Post - Production of Movie Meskada
(2010) - A Nightmare on Elm Street: In Post - Production
(2010) - Filming the Twilight Saga: Eclipse in Vancouver! About a week to go!
(2009) - Post - Production of Warrior - starring along Twilight Costar Ashley Greene
(2009 April) - Filming the Twilight Saga: New Moon in Vancouver
(2008) In Colorado shooting movie Deep winter
(2008) - Wrapped up filming Twilight, and residing in LA, California

5 questions from the I
nterview with Blackbook Photoshoot:


When Kellan Lutz decided to join the Cullen family for their Twilight saga, he couldn't have possibly predicted the magnitude of the hurricane he was about to get swept up in. Now, whether he's leaving the gym or a BlackBook photoshoot, he's followed by a pack of photographers looking to satisfy that insatiable Twilight bloodlust. Lutz, who plays the bulky big brother to Robert Pattinson's Edward (and appear later next year in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake), is currently in Vancouver filming Eclipse, the follow-up to New Moon, out this November (like you don't know). We called him up the day before he was scheduled to head up north and spoke about what it's like being a young actor on the rise in Los Angeles and the madness that is Twilight and its fans.

D
oes going to auditions make you nervous?
No, I love them. I always fight for them and hate when some agents make us put ourselves on tape and send it to the casting director. I like winning the room, if that makes sense; hanging out with the casting directors and talking with them. An audition is 50% knowing your lines and the other 50% is being personable.


So I hear you’re pretty cool with the Twilight fans, who I hear can be a little much.
I am extremely blessed to be a part of this franchise. I didn’t know this series and I didn’t know it had such a following. I love going to conventions. That’s why I love Will Smith. He goes to every premiere in every country. I really admire that because his fans are the ones going to his movies, and it doesn’t take much to show your appreciation. The Twilight moms made dog tags and engraved really cool things on them.


You have some fight scenes in New Moon. Did you have to put on weight?
That’s the thing that’s really hard for me. I did a couple movies after New Moon and before Eclipse where I had to play a high school kid, like Warrior and Nightmare on Elm Street, and it’s one of those things where I love my size—I love being a big kid and having my muscles. So having someone tell you, “Hey, can you not work out until we shoot so you don’t tower over the other actors?” I’m really happy to take the time out and just work out. That’s what my character is, he’s a big guy and it makes me happy being able to eat and just put that weight back on.

D
o you like doing your own stunts?
I love doing my own stunts. I try and fight the producers to allow me to do stuff and of course there’s insurance reasons why we can’t, but again, I want that to be my face on screen. I don’t want them to have to blur it out if there’s a cool fighting scene. And a lot of times I can do the stunt better than the stuntman. I once had to fall ten feet from a tree and I got the wind knocked out of me. The stuntmen were like, Let all the air out before you hit the ground. It’s a learning process but I just love doing all my own stunts and I’m an action junkie. I love anything action and being on rigs and falling from buildings. I kind of want to be a stunt man too.


No comments:

Post a Comment