Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Community New Moon Reread


Chapter 16: Paris

“It was a black car-a car I knew. I might be the furthest thing from an autophile, but I could tell you everything about that particular car. It was a Mercedes S55 AMG. I knew the horsepower and the color of the interior. I knew the feel of the powerful engine purring through the frame. I knew the rich smell of the leather seats and the way the extra-dark tint made noon look like dusk through those windows.”

~S
hh, she’s coming. Tomorrow my lovlies! I had to do that guys, I just had to. Let’s just get through this chapter & be fair to the wolf pack lovers after all they have been excellent in this book.

~F
irst of all Jacob does an amazing job, saving Bella from drowning. This better be in the movie and I want detailed scenes!
~B
ad news. Harry Clearwater has a heart attack.
~ I t
hought it was too cute when Jacob & Bella went back to the Blacks’ home, Jacob didn’t even stretch out across his bed, he simply crashed on the floor of all places, next to Bella’s feet. Loyal!
~B
ella reflected on Romeo & Juliet for too many pages for my taste & I simply skipped it all.
~
It’s official. Harry Clearwater has died.
~Pg 374-375 Bella finally professes her love for Jacob (In her own Bella way). “I couldn’t imagine my life without Jacob now-I cringed away from the idea of even trying to imagine that. Somehow, he’d become essential to my survival. But to leave things the way they were…was that cruel, as Mike had accused? I remembered wishing that Jacob were my brother. I realized now that all I really wanted was a claim on him. It didn’t feel brotherly when he held me like this. It just felt nice-warm and comforting and familiar. Safe. Jacob was a safe harbor.” “I would have to commit to this-commit as much of me as there was left, every one of the broken pieces. It was the only way to be fair to him. Would I? Could I? Would it be so wrong to try to make Jacob happy? Even the love I felt for him was no more than a weak echo of what I was capable of, even if my heart as far away, wandering and grieving after my fickle Romeo, would it be so very wrong?"
~P
g. 376 Even though he has proved it over and over, I think this is where it finally sunk in for me, just how deep Jacob’s love for Bella truly is. “Sorry I know you don’t feel exactly the way I do Bells. I swear I don’t mind. I’m just so glad you’re okay that I could sing-and that’s something no one wants to hear.”
~P
g. 377 “What’s wrong?” “Vampire.” His eyes were wild, raking the dark street. He barely seemed aware of the tremors that were rolling through his body. “Phase or get her out of here?” Ok folks this is freaky. Who is Jacob talking to? This is the thing that scares me about young wolves, they aren’t completely in control of their emotions yet. I honestly thought Jake was going to morph right then and there and fly out of the truck window.
~P
g. 379 Attention: The honeymoon is over. This is where it all goes south for me, and where my love/hate relationship with Jacob begins. “There’s a vampire in your house, and you want to go back?” “Of course.” “You’re sure it’s not a trick?” “It’s not a trick. It’s Carlisle. Take me back!” “No. Take yourself back, Bella…Bye Bella, I really hope you don’t die.” Wtf? Seriously Jacob? Was all that necessary?
~P
g. 381 “Suddenly something Jacob had told me this afternoon echoed in my head, finally sinking in…” She took off into the water, he’d said. The bloodsuckers have the advantage there. That’s why I raced home-I was afraid she was going to double back swimming.” My hand froze in its searching, my whole body froze into place, as I realized why I recognized the strange orange color in the water. Victoria’s hair, blowing wild in the wind, the color of fire. She’d been there. Right there in the harbor with me and Jacob. If Sam hadn’t been there, if it has been just the two of us…?”

No comments:

Post a Comment